Zodiac Your Mind

Shellie Mortensen, Staff Writer

Zodiac Your Mind

When you read your horoscope you might think ‘well this isn’t me at all,’ or ‘only parts of this is true.’ You are not wrong when you read these things. When you read your horoscope you’re reading about your ‘sun sign’. In reality you are your sun sign, moon sign, Venus sign, Mercury sign, etc. What this means is that at the exact time you were born every single planet was in alignment with a constellation. For example, my sun sign is a Gemini but at 6:03 in the afternoon the moon was in the section for the constellation Taurus, so my moon sign is Taurus. (Google it.)

My favorite thing about Astrological signs is that you can find your compatibility with another sign. The only tricky thing about this is that all those websites telling you your compatibility are just rough estimates. Each zodiac sign has individual sectors. There are I, II, and III then the combination cusp. So in order to further your investigation on that weird crush you have pull out the good old astrology books. Even if the book says your relationship is bound to fail don’t be discouraged, although it’s probably right. Everyone can defy the odds. But there is that one astrological sign that has an undeniable connection with another. For Gemini it is a Leo, for Pisces it’s a Virgo. It’s very odd how you become attracted to these people.

Anyway if you want to learn about yourself scroll till you find your sign! (They are in astrological order)

Aries (March 21 – April 19) Ruler Mars, the God of Battle: Aries, naturally, is a fire sign meaning they are adventurous, active, and outgoing. They are a shockingly naïve sign, something you wouldn’t expect from the God of Battle. They are very trusting, this trait can get them in trouble in certain circumstances. Aries is known as the most athletic astrological sign due to its Ruler, Mars.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20) Ruler Venus as Ceres, the Earth Mother: Taurus are generally calm, cool, and collected people. Underneath all of that though they want to be separated from the crowd. They like to spend time by themselves rather than at a party. Anyone that is a Taurus is far from an open book. Their thoughts, feelings, fears, and desires run so much deeper than an onlooker could imagine. The true Taurean spirit lies clouded in their day to day activities, which is why they could be seen as withdrawn, snobby, or even sulky.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20) Ruler Mercury, the Winged Messenger: Gemini enjoy knowing a little bit of everything and don’t like to dwell too much on one subject. Since their ruler, The Winged Messenger, is always moving and frolicking around this explains why Gemini’s are always on the move. They never like to stay still for too long. Gemini are thirsty for many world experiences. Gemini have been gifted (or cursed) with the ability to talk forever. The ‘gift of gab’ is given to all Gemini’s and if it’s not then they have an amazing writing capability.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22) Ruler Moon the Goddess of Nurturance: Being a cancer means being completely mysterious. Most would say that a Cancer is a bundle of contradictions. They love to be the center of attention but at the same time they are insecure of how others perceive them. They are ‘hard’ on the outside just like a crab. Once you crack their shell you understand that all they are is loving and caring.

Leo (July 23 – August 22) Ruler Sun, God of Creation: Love is the ruler of this sign. Leo’s are very charismatic and positive, which is no wonder they have so many friends. When a Leo falls in love they are devoted and faithful. If you break their heart they will never forgive or forget.

Virgo (August 23 – September 21) Ruler Mercury as God of Order: Virgo’s tend to get the short end of the stick with astrologers. They are seen as fussy and narrow-minded. For a Virgo to be the most successful they must find their own inner light. That is when they will truly shine and everyone will see what they have been missing. Virgo’s love to volunteer. They like to give back to the community. You’ll see them in a career such as being a doctor or school teacher. The strongest point of a Virgo is that they refuse to let their life turn sour. No matter what life throws at them they refuse to hang their head.

Libra (September 22 – October 23) Ruler Venus Aphrodite, Goddess of Love: The Libra is one the most successful. Their happy-go-lucky attitude makes them perfect business people. Librans are the real like ‘Yes Man’. When they say yes they really should be saying no. They will procrastinate but always seem to be able to pull something off. They can go out on a limb and wing everything. Librans career will be much better off if they stay single. Once they fall in love they seem to live in a fairytale they believed in when they were young.

Scorpio (October 24 – November 21) Ruler Pluto, God of the Underworld: Scorpio is regarded as the most powerful sign. Their lives are filled with fate and intense relationships. Even as children they are wise beyond their years. Astrologers see them as the ‘oldest souls’. Scorpio’s have almost all the answers besides the ones that can help them find their own happiness. Their biggest trial is to choose between the power of love and the love of power. Most Scorpio’s are winners, the only thing they should worry about is their attitude.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) Ruler Jupiter, the God of Eternal Truth: Sagittarius are one of the most optimistic signs. They have a sense of adventure that takes them everywhere. They love life and want to live it to the fullest. They believe that everything is possible. When the set their sights on something they will do anything in their power to obtain it. Trying to tie down a Sagittarius isn’t an easy feat and it may be frustrating for others around them.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19) Ruler Saturn, the God of Structure: There are two different types of Capricorn. One is always trying to reach the top and refusing to hit that glass ceiling. The other is very content and doesn’t enjoy change. Both show characteristics of being patient and persevering. Capricorn’s have the hardest time balancing work with play. If they fail at this task they can become too one sided and fall into bad habits. A Capricorn can always seem to rise to the occasion, even when faced with a trial.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18) Ruler Uranus, the God of Revolution: Aquarians are known as the astrological leader. All other signs will bow down to them. Because you are born under this sign you are put under a lot of pressure. Aquarians march to a different drum, and they tend to make up their own music as they go. In the American Hall of Fame there are more Aquarians than any other sign. This is because they are proactive and inventive. If they can think it they can create it. Interestingly enough a lot of people born under this sign suffer from insomnia.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20) Ruler Neptune, the God of the Muses and Inspiration: Most Pisces are extremely talented, but even though they are gifted in many ways, they still manage to spend most of their lives battling “confusing” conditions. They are frequently torn between to pathways. Most of the time they tend to live two very different existences at the same time. Pisces often need a lot of time to recover from life’s many diverse pressures.

• Zodiac Your Mind

Opinion

Ten Reasons to Smile Today

• Zodiac Your Mind

Showcase

Holly Holm Loses Belt to Miesha Tate

• Zodiac Your Mind

News

Jersey Mikes Foundation

• Zodiac Your Mind

Showcase

An Alternative to College

• Opinion

Living with Strangers

• Zodiac Your Mind

Entertainment

Best Albums of 2015

• Entertainment

Should marijuana be prescribed as a painkiller?

• Zodiac Your Mind

Showcase

New LDS Policy on Same-Sex Marriage

• Zodiac Your Mind

Entertainment

Album Review // Sounds Good Feels Good

• Zodiac Your Mind

News

Teachers are Humans too

Zodiac Your Mind