Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015

Shellie Mortensen, Staff Writer

Celebrities are known as the idols of style. The red carpet is known for having the most iconic styles all the way from Audrey Hepburn winning her first Oscar in a Givenchy dress. It’s also known for having the wildest styles. This past year was a year for fantastic fashion. I’m here to shed a little light on the most beautiful dresses of 2015.

Starting off with Cara Delevingne at the Sydney, Australia premier of Paper Towns.
Cara shows off wearing an emerald Dion Lee from the Fall Collection of 2015. The fishnet draped around the dress gives it texture and volume. Cara flawlessly pulls off a very hard color and dress.

Jennifer Lawrence always stuns, especially at this past years Met Gala. She flaunts a Christian Dior dress from his Spring 2015 Couture collection. The original runway design is a short ‘above the knee’ dress. With a knee high slit in the back of the longer version it makes the dress manageable and easy to walk in.

Next we have Selena Gomez at the Spirit of Life Gala. She steps out in a dress from Ulyana Sergeenko‘s Spring 2015 collection. It has a high collar with a contrasting plunging neckline. Not many women can pull off white but Sel stuns in this short ensemble.

Jamie Chung looks flawless in a nude and navy gown with crystal accents. It’s a sheer Elie Saab from the Couture collection. I love the modesty of this dress. Ms. Chung shows that you don’t need to show a lot of skin to be pretty. Great choice of gown to wear to the Oscars.

Tons of great gowns at the 2015 Academy Awards. One of the most stunning is Chrissy Teigen. She floats around in a floor length gown with a thigh high slit. Her dress is made by the amazing Zuhair Murad (Spring 2015). Ms. Teigen says she will remain faithful to his designs.

My favorite dress of 2015 is the one Taylor Swift wore to the Grammy’s. It’s a blue ombre, high-low dress. It’s a custom Elie Saab dress paired with Giuseppe Zanotti sandalsI’m going to fan-girl for ten seconds here. I absolutely love this dress. Paired with the pink wedges I think Tay pulled off this look and more. She honestly looks killer. The dress accents her long legs, which also looks killer. The only question I have is HOW CAN SHE WALK IN THOSE SHOES?!

Giuseppe Zanotti sandals:

2015 was a great year for fashion. Now to wait and see what 2016 brings for the world of couture.

• Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015

Opinion

Ten Reasons to Smile Today

• Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015

Showcase

Holly Holm Loses Belt to Miesha Tate

• Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015

News

Jersey Mikes Foundation

• Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015

Showcase

An Alternative to College

• Opinion

Living with Strangers

• Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015

Entertainment

Zodiac Your Mind

• Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015

Entertainment

Best Albums of 2015

• Entertainment

Should marijuana be prescribed as a painkiller?

• Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015

Showcase

New LDS Policy on Same-Sex Marriage

• Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015

Entertainment

Album Review // Sounds Good Feels Good

Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015