Holiday Date Ideas in Utah

It’s 30 degrees outside and Starbucks is now selling their red cups, so that means it’s Christmas time! We’ve all seen the copious amounts of tweets from the single girls and boys saying things like, “I wish I had someone for the holidays.” It’s pretty sad actually, but this is your chance to spark up a new flame with your crush. ‘Tis the season to be jolly with someone that you find super attractive. Here are 5 winter date ideas to try this Christmas season!

1.Go Ice Skating
Starting off the date ideas with a classic. Doesn’t matter how good or bad you are at ice skating, this is your opportunity to hold their hand! The Gallivan Center has an outdoor ice skating rink that is $9 per person open until midnight on the weekends. Perfect date for a night downtown and maybe even consider some hot coco for after!

2. Christmas Lights
Christmas time downtown has got to be the cutest with all the lights covering everything in all different colors. It’s always fun to go downtown and walk through Temple Square and look at all the pretty lights. In Draper City Park, they have the Tree of Life, where the big tree is covered completely in gold lights for you and your date to go and look at.

templewhite-tree

3. Sledding and Tubing
Sledding is a thrilling experience for people of all ages. You could say it never gets old! It’s easy and makes for a lot of memories. One of the best places to sled or tube in Salt Lake is up Big Cottonwood Canyon where there are many hills to choose from! Very exciting, and free!

4. Movie Marathon
Sometimes, the outdoors are just a little too cold and that’s when it’s time to cuddle up by the fire and watch some holiday films. Ask that special someone if they want to join you! Bring some hot chocolate and your cutest fuzzy socks to complete the festivities. Because sometimes you just want to sit and stay warm while watching the snow fall outside.

5. Ice Castles
Another fun winter activity is going to see the Ice Castles in Midway. These ice sculptures are only up during the winter! The ice castles are manmade; they start out as small icicles and grow into beautiful works of art for your entertainment. This is sort of like going to the lights in the way that you just walk around and observe but it is still a fun way to spend some time with someone you love.

Holiday Date Ideas in Utah