Academic All-State Team

Trenton Walker

Being a high school athlete is already a very big achievement and winning state is a huge goal for anyone who is an athlete but another huge achievement is being named all state in the sport that you play.

This past season our girls’ soccer team had a great season, they went 13-4 on the season. All of the girls on the team worked very hard to have a fantastic season. Three of the girls on the team stood out above the rest, and that’s why they made the all-state team. Katie Valdez and Abbie Graham both received honorable mentions and Macy Martinez was put on 1st team.

Katie Valdez also received an academic all-state and so did Emily Bahr. To be on the academic all-state team you must maintain a 4.0 your whole high school career and that is hard for anybody to do.

The academic all-state team for Utah girls’ soccer only took 27 students from schools all over the state. To get a perspective, there are about 400 high school soccer players.

The nomination process is pretty simple but there are a lot of requirements to be on the team, Per the UHSAA, ” the UHSAA will open nominations through RegisterMyAthlete. Parents/students will enter their RegisterMyAthlete account and click on the Academic All-State tab to enter their unweighted cumulative high school GPA and submit the nomination form. Schools will confirm the student-athlete is a varsity contributor, confirm the GPA, verify the student is a senior, and upload a current transcript prior to submitting the nomination to the UHSAA by the specified deadline.”

These girls worked hard on the field to dominate their opponents and just as hard in the classroom to keep their grades up and be all around great students.

Students, teachers, and fellow teammates are all proud of these girls for what they have achieved and players like these ones are what makes Murray stand out from all of the other high schools in the state.

Academic All-State Team