Vin Diesels’ ‘xXx: Return of Xander Cage Debuts’ Big Globally with Mixed Reviews

Cody Zamora

The movie nabbed an impressive $70M worldwide. Compared to the money the first movie made opening weekend, this third installment didn’t do as well as some people might’ve thought. However, that in no way means the movie wasn’t good.

It received an average score of 2.5 stars out of 5. However, many critics agree that the movie could’ve been better. Many called it “A sequel no one wanted to see” and “Heavy on action and stunts but low on intelligence of writing.”

The movie featured several stars from the original movie and sequel including Samuel Jackson and Ice Cube. The movie included new actors such as Nina Dobrev and Deepika Padukone. The acting was above average and was not in any way terrible.

This movie was aimed to re-boot the franchise which started in 2002 but did not debut as well as the original did. There are plans for another sequel in the near future. Paramount has reportedly asked the cast if they would be willing to get to work as soon as this May.

Rotten Tomatoes has said, “xXx: Return of Xander Cage should satisfy fans of the first two installments, but its preponderance of set pieces can’t quite make up for a tired storyline that fails to take the franchise – or action fans – anywhere new.”

While some critics are seen to be too harsh, this was the general consensus. Ultimately, it is up to what the general population thinks of the movie that will determine whether the third installment of this movie franchise was a success.