Ed Sheeran’s New Album

Helena Ekonomo

Ed Sheeran, 25, recently released two singles, Shape Of You and Castle On The Hill. These two songs are from his most recent album, Divide (÷) which is to be released on March 3rd of 2017.

Ed Sheeran has the tendency of naming his albums after math symbols. From Plus (+), which was his debut album, to Multiply (X), which came two years after.

Minus (-) is the predicted name for his next album.

His album, Divide, comes with 12 songs, 16 if you purchase the deluxe version. He recently released the track list:

1. Eraser
  2. Castle On The Hill
  3. Dive
  4. Shape Of You
  5. Perfect
  6. Galway Girl
  7. Happier
  8. New Man
  9. Hearts Don’t Break Around Here
  10. What Do I Know
  11. How Would You Feel (Paean)
  12. Supermarket Flowers
  13. Barcelona
  14. Bibia Be Ye Ye
  15. Nancy Mulligan
  16. Save Myself

From his past three albums, that is including his EP album, Sheeran stated that this one is his best one yet. Of course, that is something almost every musician says with every new album they release.

Sheeran also released his tour dates. So far, the tour seems to be taking place only in Europe. His first concert is set to be on the 3rd of April.

When tickets were available for purchase they sold out within minutes. A lot of people purchased them in large quantities so they could resell them at higher prices. Fans were very upset when they couldn’t buy their tickets when it had only been a few hours since they became available.

This is what Sheeran had to say about the matter

We are vehemently opposed to the unethical practices that occur in the secondary market. We have written to each of our partners, be they promoters, venues or ticketing companies detailing the way in which we expect tickets to be sold: direct to fans. We have also partnered with a company called Twickets, which is a site aimed at the ethical resale of tickets. It allows fans to swap tickets at face value or less; we are pushing them as the official resale partner and a safe place for fans to swap tickets. We are aware and deeply concerned about the websites in question and have urged all fans not to engage with them in order to avoid being ripped off with higher prices or, potentially, counterfeit tickets. Once again, we urge all fans to only purchase tickets through official vendors (source).

After spending a year off, on 2016, of social media and touring he came back stronger than ever with this new album, Divide.

Ed Sheeran’s New Album