School Sweaters: Worth it or Not?

Back to Article
Back to Article

School Sweaters: Worth it or Not?

Kelli Holloway, Writer

Should the SBO sweaters be required? In my opinion they should not. The money spent on these sweaters could be put to better use. The SBOs don’t really wear their sweaters unless it is for assemblies or sometimes on Fridays.

Other clubs that buy these sweaters are LIA and PLT. As part of one of these clubs I can personally say that I have only worn my sweater once. I felt that the money could go to the school for more important things than sweaters. There are kids in the school that struggle with paying for fees and yet there hasn’t been a stable system to provide the help and care that is greatly needed.

If the money was to go towards the school lunches we wouldn’t have a problem with students hating the food at schools. Now, in high school it is hard to make that change because most students go out to lunch or bring home lunch, but what about the ones who eat school lunch? Sophomores can’t drive yet so they stay at the school. It doesn’t seem fair that theses kids feel forgotten.

The money could even be put towards the physical school itself. We are going to this school after all, shouldn’t we care how it looks? Maybe the security could be improved for future possibilities. We could get better technology if we put in enough money to try to get the best. It is just something to think about for next year.