Stevie Nicks – Women Dominating the Hall of Fame

Back to Article
Back to Article

Harry Styles, right, presents a trophy to Stevie Nicks at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Barclays Center on Friday, March 29, 2019, in New York. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP)

Evan Agostini/Invision/AP

Evan Agostini/Invision/AP

Evan Agostini/Invision/AP

Jacey Brown, Editor

March 2019 marks a step forward for women in rock music, with the iconic Stevie Nicks inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame for a second time earlier this week.

This gives Nicks a long list of achievements following the ceremony – she is now the first woman to be inducted into the Hall of Fame twice, the first Fleetwood Mac member to be inducted twice, and the 23rd artist in Hall of Fame history to be inducted twice, to name a few.

Nicks was first inducted with Fleetwood Mac in 1998, but this year’s induction was for her own solo career.

“Being inducted into it twice, for your own work out of the band – there really isn’t anything better than that, to be in both clubs,” Nicks told Rolling Stone on the induction.

The honor was presented by Harry Styles, the former boyband star turned solo rockstar whom Nicks has been mentoring throughout the first years of his solo career.

In his introductory speech, Styles said, “She is more than a role model – she’s a beacon to all of us. Whenever you hear her voice, life gets a little bit better. When she sings, the world is hers, and it is yours.”

Both Nicks and other female music icons, such as Janet Jackson, have spoken out about the honor, celebrating it while also challenging the Hall of Fame to see this as the harbinger for more and more women being inducted in the Hall of Fame.

About the Writer
Jacey Brown, Writer

Hii! I’m Jacey Brown, a sophomore at Murray High and a writer for the Spartan Sentinel. My biggest passions are writing and photography; catch me with...

• Stevie Nicks – Women Dominating the Hall of Fame

Entertainment

Movie Review “Us”

Entertainment

Childhood Comeback

Entertainment

When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

Entertainment

The Jonas Brothers Are Back

Entertainment

Liyana: Why We Need Art Therapy for Kids Everywhere

Entertainment

Green Book Movie Review

Entertainment

Luke Perry Dies at 52

Entertainment

Markus Zusak’s “Bridge of Clay”

Entertainment

“Tetris 99”: Tetris Redefines the “Battle Royale”

Entertainment

The 91st Oscars 2019