Senior Girls MAG Luncheon

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Girls MAG Luncheon

Nnenna Eke-Ukoh, Writer

Calling all senior ladies! We were all invited to a Senior girls luncheon last week Saturday. This was organized by MAG. MAG is Murray Association of Girls, and they organize dances like Fall Ball and the MAG dance. Powderpuff was also part of their agenda earlier in the school year. So MAG is a big and great organization. Thank you guys for making every year of high school magical.

The adviser for MAG is the incredible Mrs. Hatch. She has been in charge of this organization for three years and so far she has done an awesome job. The MAG presidents are Sydney Livingston and Maggie Buist, and they busted their butts to make our senior year the greatest. We will miss the presidents; Livingston is attending Brigham Young University in the fall and Buist is attending Dixie State University this fall. The seniors on MAG include: Sarah Dudley, Abbie Hughes, Sydney Livingston, Emerie Larsen and Maggie Buist.

On top of the great food and company, there was an amazing speaker. Her name is Desiree Ogden and she wasn’t afraid to make herself vulnerable in front of the audience. Ogden was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer when she was in her early thirties and had three young girls. She told her story and was not afraid, she motivated us and gave us a reason to keep on living. Ogden later defeated cancer after many sessions of chemotherapy and radiation treatments. She kept her head up and made sure her daughters grew up with a strong figure even though she was very, very weak at the time. The moral of her story was just to keep your head up high and go through life like a champion. There will always be problems, but the greatest kind of success is when you still win even through adversity. Sweet, sweet victory!

Good luck to the newest members of MAG and I hope the continuing members have a blast until it’s their turn to graduate.