Meet the FBLA

Blakely Naylor, Staff Writer

Have you ever thought of owning your own business? Have you ever considered getting rich running a large corporation branch? The FBLA club is a program set up to help you learn everything you need to know about being part of a business: from what makes a business successful to what clothes look the most professional. You learn skills about how to run a business or perhaps become a manager. The FBLA can help you get experience in any department of an enterprise that may interest you.

If you sign up you automatically become a member of the National FBLA and are submitted into several contests depending on where you want to put your time and effort. There’s a job interview competition where you make a resume and go through the interview process. There’s also a business planning section where you gather ideas for a new business and present them to judges.

Being part of the FBLA can benefit you in more ways than just one. It looks good on your resume and gives you experience in the business department. It can also help build your confidence in your ability to speak well and help you feel more comfortable during an interview. It may help you find passions and interests you never knew you had. It could be the step that puts you that much closer to finding yourself.

“I didn’t realize I was really that interested in business until I was in FBLA way back when. And I got first place in general secretarial and it was like ‘hey! I’m actually good at this!’ And it just made me excited about it and made me realize how much I had picked up that I didn’t even realize.” Said Ms. Adams, the head of the FBLA club.

The FBLA club gives many young people a great chance to prepare before they set off to make something of themselves. It gives them job experience and something beneficial and substantial to put on their resume. If you’re interested in the FBLA they meet on Tuesdays either before or after school. There’s a $15 fee to enter the club and the membership deadline is November 1. Calendars with more information on times and meetings will be handed out if you choose to sign up.

Meet the FBLA