Ten Reasons to Smile Today

Ingrid Fevang, Staff Writer

1. You got out of bed! Sometimes this can be the most difficult part of someone’s day; facing the stress of everyday life can be tough and demotivating. Getting up and going through the day, even though it can be hard in the moment, feels rewarding once it’s done and you can crawl into bed feeling accomplished.
  2. The world is still turning! Ah, Earth, you’re still alive. Countless of times have people lost their minds over rumors that the world is ending, but here we are. Although we need to take care of this precious planet a lot better, it is our home after all, it’s here in all its beauty.
  3. You exist at the same time as Ryan Reynolds. With Deadpool out it is even clearer that this man is a gift to us all. Talented, amazingly good looking, and surprisingly hilarious. Do yourself a favor and watch The Proposal today, if you’re not heading to the theaters to see Deadpool (which you definitely should).    cheeesy
  4. Grilled cheese sandwiches are a thing. What can taste better after a long stressful day than a grilled cheese, and maybe even some tomato soup on the side? The warm, cheesy, buttery sandwich will make your day.
  5. Dogs. Humans do not deserve these happy forgiving creatures. If you’ve ever stepped on a dog’s tail, you’ve felt true guilt and heartbreak; but they always look up at you without resentment afterward. Dogs are always there for their humans, and often they’re better listeners than most people. They’re made of fluff and happiness, and that is a fact.
  6. You’re a better person than Donald Trump. Good luck being worse than the creature who wants to barricade the U.S. with a wall and date his own daughter. Your hair is probably better, too.
  7. Technology. Think about how far we have come with phones and the Internet. Just a generation ago, none of this was even thought of; the expectations for the future were flying cars and hover boards, but instead we got memes. Transportation might not have become what was foreseen yet, but this new way of communication has made this world a seemingly smaller place. It’s kind of incredible that humans have created this stuff.
  8. Equality. Even though we still have oh-so much room for improvement, we’ve definitely come a long way. There’s a new awareness and desire for equality in the “spoiled” and “lazy” youth of today. Most young people today are taking a stand for equality.  equalityyy
  9. Music. No matter if you like rock, pop, metal, grunge, classical, or techno, everyone likes some type of music. It’s a nice escape from the world where you can bury yourself in waves of noise that pleases your brain. Depending on the mood and situation you’re in you can find different kinds of music to help you relax, relieve stress, cry, scream, cheer you up, or just dance and sing your little heart out. Music therapy is real and wonderful.
  10. Possibilities. Think about all the things that are possible to do in this world! At any given time you can turn your life around: you can change your diet completely, you can cut and color your hair any way you want it, you can leave wherever you’re stuck right now and never come back. There’s so much to explore on this planet, so many places to see and people to meet. The possibilities are endless, and the only thing standing in your way is you (also money, school/work, possibly your parents. I suggest you finish high school if possible and earn some money, then go find your place in this world, you adorable little human, you).

• Ten Reasons to Smile Today

Showcase

Holly Holm Loses Belt to Miesha Tate

• Ten Reasons to Smile Today

News

Jersey Mikes Foundation

• Ten Reasons to Smile Today

Showcase

An Alternative to College

• Opinion

Living with Strangers

• Ten Reasons to Smile Today

Entertainment

Zodiac Your Mind

• Ten Reasons to Smile Today

Entertainment

Best Albums of 2015

• Entertainment

Should marijuana be prescribed as a painkiller?

• Ten Reasons to Smile Today

Showcase

New LDS Policy on Same-Sex Marriage

• Ten Reasons to Smile Today

Entertainment

Album Review // Sounds Good Feels Good

• Ten Reasons to Smile Today

News

Teachers are Humans too

Ten Reasons to Smile Today