AP Art History Takes on San Fran

Breanna Haro, Editor/Writer

The AP Art History class is taking a trip to San Francisco, California April 27-29. This is the first time this class will be going on a field trip of this magnitude.

There they will be able to visit numerous museums where English teacher Mr. Wood and AP Art Teacher Mrs. Garrett hope that students will gain more exposure to the art studied in class as well as prepare them for the AP exam next month.

The trip includes visits to the de Young Museum, the Grace Cathedral, the Lincoln Park and Legion of Honor Museum, the Asian Art Museum, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.

Wood and Garrett hope this is a trip that students will not be able to forget.  The museums will allow them to be up close and personal with pieces of art that they have studied and learned about this year.

Paula Oregen, senior, expressed her enthusiasm by stating, “I’m most looking forward to walking around Lombard street and the Golden Gate Bridge.  I’m excited to see how the Bay Area differs from a boring place like Utah.”

Museums are not the only places they will be going.  Students will be able to see astounding works of architecture within the different Memorials, The Golden Gate Bridge, and will be able to participate in many other fun activities like a sight-seeing trip to Pier 49 and notorious Alcatraz Island.

If you’re interested in taking AP Art History, speak with your counselors or talk with Mrs. Garrett.

You do not have to be an artist to take this course, but be interested in learning more about art as well the history of art.

Mr. Wood says this class makes you a smarter individual and is a great Humanities class.  This class looks at art as a reflection of society throughout the years and shows how we, as a whole, have changed.

• AP Art History Takes on San Fran

Features

Get to Know: Heather Preece-Adventurer, Social Worker & Yoga Master

• AP Art History Takes on San Fran

Student Life

P.L.T. Leads the School Year Into a Positive Outlook Starting with New Student Luncheon

• AP Art History Takes on San Fran

Student Life

Boogie On The Dance Floor

• AP Art History Takes on San Fran

Student Life

How to Sell Supreme

• AP Art History Takes on San Fran

Student Life

What Music is Murray Tuned Into?

• AP Art History Takes on San Fran

Features

Third Term Survival Guide

• AP Art History Takes on San Fran

Features

Everything That Went Down on the Dance Floor

• AP Art History Takes on San Fran

News

Senior Quotes Due Today

• Features

An Unexpected Journey: Scott Wihongi’s Path to MHS Principal

• Features

Another Life