Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

Back to Article
Back to Article

Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

Helen Sullivan, Editor

The charitable season is just around the corner and Murray High’s Peer Leadership Team is partnering with Utah Health and Human Rights, and YOU can contribute to this great cause!

Instead of only being a month long, the giving will extend all year and, in addition to knowing you are helping your community, Murray’s students will be getting some amazing perks.

When you join Spartan Spirit, you are aiding an amazing charity that does the absolute most for its recipients. After  you sign up, you’ll pay $15 and some Spartan Spirit perks will follow.

Not only will you get your very own t-shirt to show your support of the charity,  you’ll also receive FREE meals and snacks at designated events. Who doesn’t want free food before a basketball game?

Some of the events PLT is hoping to include are girls/boys basketball, hockey, choir, baseball, softball, dance co, and the band performances! So, be sure to attend as many of these events as possible.

Founded in 2003, Utah’s Health and Human Rights (UHHR) has changed thousands of lives.For refugees who have fled from war torn countries seeking asylum, the UHHR provides medical, legal, and mental health services.

UHHR’s Torture and Severe war trauma program helps survivors of horrific tragedies and circumstances become self sufficient by providing support for their mental health and physical well-being, as well as encouraging social integration and community participation.

Each year, PLT puts on a charitable fundraiser throughout the month of December.

In the past,  PLT’s fundraising has been only seasonal and we have been able to do amazing things for the Make a Wish Foundation.

However, this year, PLT is hoping to make an ongoing impact throughout the year with the added bonus of some great rewards for the student body – this year there’s a bit of a charitable twist!

• Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

News

Behind the Scenes of Annie

• Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

News

Sounds of the Season

• Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

News

And The Winners Are……

• Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

News

Dance Company’s Winter Night

• Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

Assemblies

Seniors Win Spirit Bowl…AGAIN

• Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

News

MHS Book Giveaway

• News

Prop 4-2-0

• Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

News

Graduation: What to Expect When You’re Expecting (to Graduate)

• News

“Flex” your drawing muscles with Flex Time mini-meeting

• Calling All Spirit-Filled Spartans

News

A Week Meant for Showing off How Much You Love Your School: Spirit Week