Luke Perry Dies at 52

Back to Article
Back to Article

Luke Perry Dies at 52

Jacey Brown, Writer

Adults and teenagers alike were heartbroken when the news reported that actor Luke Perry – teenage heartthrob in 1990’s “90210” and fan-favorite TV dad on 2017’s “Riverdale” – passed away at age 52 on Monday.

The tragic ending comes after the star was hospitalized last Wednesday, suffering from what was described as a “massive” stroke.

Fans of “90210” are mourning the loss of their Dylan McKay and “Riverdale” fans their Fred Andrews, taking to social media to pay tribute to the influential actor.

“Fred Andrews was the most unproblematic character of “Riverdale”; he was always so kind, selfless and caring and I’m sure even off screen, Luke Perry was all of those things. Rest in peace to every 90’s girl’s first love and to every 2000’s kid’s #1 father figure. We miss you already,” wrote one user, Hannah, on Twitter.

The news took social media platforms by a storm. From moms on Facebook, to teenagers on Twitter and Instagram; one of the only hot topics of internet discussion Monday night was how much Perry meant to people of every age.

“I am so sad, RIP Luke Perry/Dylan McKay,” commented another user on Facebook.

As for Perry’s family and coworkers, they also paid tribute over social media in the wake of the news.

Casey Cott, who plays the charismatic Kevin Keller on “Riverdale,” posted on Twitter, “I’m totally heartbroken. Luke took me under his wing the day I was cast and made me feel like I belonged. He was the most generous, wise soul with unmatched kindness. He treated everyone with love and joy. We had so much fun. Praying for his family.”

The “Riverdale” producers have closed set and halted production as of Monday evening; it is unclear when they will resume, but they have stated that the third season of the show will be dedicated to Perry.

The family has asked for privacy at this time.

About the Writer
Jacey Brown, Writer

Hii! I’m Jacey Brown, a sophomore at Murray High and a writer for the Spartan Sentinel. My biggest passions are writing and photography; catch me with...

• Luke Perry Dies at 52

Features

ProStart Team

• Luke Perry Dies at 52

Features

Meet the Prince Charming Candidates: Tyler Demann and Noah Kern!

• Luke Perry Dies at 52

Features

Meet the Prince Charming Candidates: Michael Durrant, Ethan Larson, and Kelton Stock!

• Luke Perry Dies at 52

Features

Meet the Prince Charming Candidates: Griffin Bitton, Jackson Rose, and Shayne Zullo!

• Luke Perry Dies at 52

Features

Meet the Prince Charming Candidates: Hunter Riches, Tyler Shelton, and Sony Smith!

• Luke Perry Dies at 52

Features

Meet the Prince Charming Candidates: Diego Mayorga and Jackson Espey!

• Luke Perry Dies at 52

Features

Focus on Colton Gardner

• Features

(Not Just For) Business Management

• Luke Perry Dies at 52

Features

An Unusual Sports Team Arrives at Murray

• Features

The Road to Recovery