Drama Club and S.L.A.P.P. Improv

How to get invovled in MHS theatre.

Cameryn Kinder, Staff Writer

Drama Club is a club geared towards students who are interested in theatre. Mr. Saxton is the advisor, however, most of the planning and carrying out of activities is done by the club commander Rheannon Longhurst and the presidency. There is a $10 fee for joining this club, but you will receive an I.D. that gets you free or discounted admission to the school musical and plays as well as opportunities to see other plays outside of MHS. Drama Club meets once a term and has parties that include snack, games, and other such shenanigans.

If you would like to be more involved in theatre you can also join S.L.A.P.P. Improv. In order to member, you must be signed up for Drama Club as well. Improv meets every week or so, schedule subject to change during musical and other play rehearsals, and there are varsity and junior varsity positions. In addition to the practices, there are also Improv shows that open for MHS plays as well as competitions with other Improvers during the Shakespeare festival. Improv, much like Drama is presidency driven. The captain is Josh James whose second in command is Braxton Bunnell.

Drama Club and S.L.A.P.P. Improv